- Mathematics teachers working in schools, further education colleges and similar institutions
- Leaders and Managers
- Organisations directly supporting them
- Management in service providers, Awarding Bodies, inspectorates, regulators, publishers, systems suppliers, trainers and recruiters.
This year’s event will appeal to senior staff and in particular Heads of Maths and Schools Leaders, with interactive sessions and workshops to increase the value to delegates
Plenary sessions with high profile speakers at start and conclusion of the day, parallel sessions through the day on subjects such as
- Breakout 1 – Workshop: The problem solving journey. Embedding Problem solving in KS3 and KS4 Teaching
- Breakout 2 – Workshop: Embedding Problem Solving in your everyday teaching at KS5
- Breakout 3 – Technology for Student Engagement
- Breakout 4 – Briefing for Senior Leaders: Line managing a maths department at KS3 and KS4
The 2015 conference will also feature an expert panel in ‘Brains Trust’ session - sure to be a lively and informative session.
We are deligthed to announce that Hannah Fry will be the 2015 key note speaker.Dr Hannah Fry is a lecturer in the Mathematics of Cities at the Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis at UCL. Alongside her academic position, Hannah is currently an EPSRC public engagement fellow, takingĀ the joy of maths into theatres, pubs and schools. She also co-presents the BBC worldwide YouTube channel BritLabs (formerly Headsqueeze) and regularly appears on TV and radio in the UK.
Final Session - the Importance of Financial Literacy in the Maths Classroom with
Ambarish Datta, MD and CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange and
Russell Winnard, pfeg (Personal Finance Education Group)